Fri May 14, 2021 11:40 am
Wheatfield Seniors is open again and has announced its next list of planned trips:
• “All Wright Day” – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, June 16: This tour focuses on one of Buffalo’s most famous architectural contributors, Frank Lloyd Wright, and his impact on the area. The Darwin Martin House is considered the best example of Wright’s Prairie-style architecture. The Fontana Boat House, designed by Wright for the University of Wisconsin rowing team – but never built up to the edge of the Black Rock Canal and the Niagara River – is used by competitive rowing teams from the region. Graycliff, the Darwin Martin family’s summer home, located on the shores of Lake Erie, features Wright’s natural architecture. The cost of the trip is $ 100 and includes lunch at Parkside Meadow.
• “A day at the lake” – 7:30 am to 6 pm August 10: The day begins at the Grape Discovery Center where patrons learn why WNY is a great place to grow grapes, taste local wines, and watch Chef Tim prepare a dish of their choice. On board the Chautauqua Belle, hear the history and tales of the lake on a steamboat adventure. A barbecue chicken dinner is included on board. Visit a candy factory and take a behind-the-scenes look at how some of the specialty candies are made. End the day at the local craft brewery.
• “Queen Esther” at the Millennium Theater, Lancaster, PA – October 19-21: This three-day trip includes “Chalk Talk,” a feature story of a former member of the Old Order Mennonite sect; Landis Valley Museum; Kitchen kettle village; and a performance of “Queen Esther” at the Sight and Sound Theater.
For information and reservations, contact Jean Marshall at 716-694-5567.
Wheatfield Seniors also recently released the following activity calendar:
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. – Bowling at Manor Lanes
- Tuesday: 10 am – Yoga class for seniors (video); 1 p.m. art and crafts
- Wednesday: 9:30 am – Ceramics
- Thursday: 10:30 am Stretch band (Video Club 99)
- Friday: 8:30 am-11am – Meeting with coffee, tea and snacks; first and third Friday – bingo; second Friday of the month – “Lunch Bunch”; last Friday of the month – business meeting
The nutrition program meets at 11:30 am every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Call Gail a week in advance at 716-694-8504.
The Wheatfield Community Senior Center is located at 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. For more information, call 716-694-8504.